Monday, December 01, 2008

Time to CHANGE for Indians

Everyone seems to be voicing out their opinion on the recent Mumbai terrorist attack.
I was reading an article written by an Indian in US, and here he goes:

"US was attacked only once on the mainland after World War II. They taught the lesson of a lifetime to the attackers. There has not been a single attack on the mainland in last 7 years. "Ek parinda bhi par nahi mar sakata"! is a fact in US. There is a reason why it is a super power. US is called as the land of the free and home of the braves! What should I call my country? Land of the corrupt politicians and home of the gutless leaders?"

Words like these pain me..prick me deep down in my heart..
And I guess this is what should happen..

However my dear NRI friends should remember that there is a stark difference between India and US.
India can never be US and US can never be India.
We are too varied and too different to be compared with any other nation on this planet.

Dont blame the Govt.; not much is going to change atleast in this aspect; be it either BJP or Congress.

What should change is the attitude of people.
Next time before you try to bribe a traffic constable or a Govt officer; THINK.
Such problems seem to be very minor and petty but they are collectively destroying India on the whole.

People should protest and its high time we stop displaying the laid-back-Indian attitude.

Come let us join hands and prove that India can really SHINE!!
May God bless us and Jai Hind!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Hemanth said...

Thought provoking title. And a good piece.

If I were to pitch in my two cents I would beg to disagree in a few areas.

'laid-back-Indian attitude'?

Can the common Indian have that attitude? Terror has mostly hit that very common man till now; have been made such noise till now? No, for a fact. What is the average Indian concerned about? Food and shelter, isn't it? What else can such a person do? Terror cannot hold back a hungry tummy for long, can it?

Now that it has hit the creamy layer we have heard the noise the loudest. What does that portray? I am not sure!

For the average Indian like you and me, life must go on no matter what.

Here's hoping that better sense prevails and people understand that it doesn't pay to kill.

Fri Jan 02, 05:35:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counter